Grace at a Glance
Grace Baptist Academy is committed to excellence in all we do: academics, fine arts, athletics, and most of all, developing young people into Christ-centered leaders of their families, our community, nation, and world. We are a school where God transforms hearts, minds, and futures.
When you enroll at Grace, your family becomes part of the Grace community. Until we have the opportunity to meet you in person, we encourage you to browse our entire website to gather as much information as possible about Grace.
Founded: 1985 as a ministry of Grace Baptist Church and serves over 100 churches of different evangelical denominations within the greater Chattanooga area.
School Colors: Maroon & Gold
School Mascot: Golden Eagles
Isaiah 40:31 "They that wait upon the Lord will renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint."
Accreditation is a process that includes self-study and analysis, a comparison to established standards, an assessment of a school’s mission, a commitment to quality education, and a willingness to be accountable. Grace Baptist Academy is accredited by Cognia, formerly AdvancED, and is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), as well as the Tennessee Association of Independent Schools (TAIS). We also hold membership in the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association (TSSAA).
Grace serves over 500 students campus-wide. The Academy is proud of our 1000+ graduates as we see them excelling in further education, leading strong families, faithful church involvement, and serving in meaningful careers. 95% of graduating seniors attend college and 80% of those students will attend a four-year post secondary institution.
Our faculty and also staff are carefully selected to ensure that we have the highest quality professionals with the deepest commitment to Christian school education. Each employee testifies to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, agrees with our Statement of Faith, and models to our students a healthy lifestyle based on the moral teachings of the Bible. Our full-time, classroom teachers are required to hold a bachelor’s degree however some have continued their education beyond this level with the goal of advanced degrees. We are committed to the professional development of our faculty with a focus on research-based practices for the most effective educational experience for our students.
Points of Interest
- School-owned iPad in the hands of every 4th through 12th grade student
- Stations for iPad use by students in every PreK to 3rd grade classroom
- SOAR 6.0-a unique program designed to launch 6th graders into the Upper School
- College preparatory curriculum beginning in 8th grade
- Advanced courses available beginning in middle school
- College & Career guidance beginning in middle school
- Joint-enrollment college courses (41 college credits possible before graduation)
- NILD (National Institute of Learning Difficulties) certified therapists in our Learning Support Program
- After-school tutorial & enrichment clubs in the Lower School
- Daily Bible classes and weekly chapel
- Small Groups led by Faculty members for all Upper School students
- Community and global service projects & outreach
- Service clubs (National Honor Society, Chick Fil-A Leadership)
- Award-winning performing arts (choral, instrumental, visual, and dramatic)
- Competitive interscholastic athletic program (4th - 12th grades)
- Strong fine arts program in the Lower School
- Dynamic STEAM program in the Lower School
- Computer instruction beginning in PreK-4
- Early Arrival and Late Stay programs provided
- Camp Grace: a unique summer program for ages 5 to 12 with a "field trip every day" (also offers dynamic leadership training for Upper School students). To visit the site, click here!
- Grace Children's Center; our daycare and preschool for ages 6 weeks to 4 years old operating year-round. To visit the site, click here.
We strive to utilize the most appropriate curriculum and most engaging learning methods in order to establish a creative, supportive and wholesome atmosphere for all our students. The total education experience is designed to help each student recognize his or her own learning style, abilities, and talents and to use them in pursuing God’s will for his or her life. We are devoted to developing the whole person and instilling in our students a lifelong passion for God and His Word, for service to others, and for achieving excellence in all they do.
• 95% of our graduates go on to receive higher education
• Combined scholarship amount of just under $2,000,000 offered to the 2016 graduating class (32 students)
• Three military school appointments (West Point & Air Force Academy)
• Above average ACT scores:
- 5 Year Average ACT Score: 23
- 2020 Top ACT Score: 35
• National Merit Semi-Finalist in 2014 - this student scored in the top 1/2% of all student in the state and the top 1% nationwide
• National Merit Finalist in 2020 - this student received the Merit Scholarship along with the Prestigious Merit Scholar Title. Only 2,500 students are selected in the Nation to receive scholarships.
• National Achievement Outstanding Participant in 2014 - only 3,000 out of 160,000 are recognized across the nation
• Interactive weekly chapels with student involvement
• Small group mentoring by faculty for all students in middle and high school
• Christian worldview courses
• Biblical integration in all subject areas
• One-on-One mentoring program in the high school
• Instruction in visual arts from elementary through high school
• Concert Band, Choral groups & drama presentations
• Pep Band
• Numerous choir & band performances
• Annual musical theater production
• 4 distinct Tribes led by faculty and administrators for nurturing & competition in Upper School
• Each Tribe has a unique name and virtue promoting character, unity, and belonging in our student body
• Tribes are built upon unique school family groups for personal guidance and mentoring
• 28 athletic teams in grades 4-12
• Playoff, district, & regional appearances in a variety of sports
• Appearance in state championship games in softball, soccer, football, and basketball
We promote community service for students in all grades by providing a variety of opportunities for volunteer work both on and off campus. We want these experiences to inspire a heart for service in our students. It is our goal that serving others will show students the positive impact they can make on their local community and motivate them to make this a life-long practice.
The official board of Grace Baptist Church delegates the oversight of the Academy to the School Board and it operates with a policy form of governance. This means the school board functions and acts as one for the purpose of establishing policies that will enable the Academy to achieve its established desirable ends and to avoid results the Board considers unacceptable. It is the role of the Headmaster to lead the school. Board members perform their governance role only during a duly called meeting and have no authority, individual or corporate, outside of such duly called meetings. Issues related to the governing policies of the school should be presented to the Board through the Headmaster. Issues that are related to the daily activities and/or operation of the school are to be addressed with the Headmaster and/or the leadership team member most responsible for the area to be addressed.
Grace Academy admits students of any race, color, or ethnic origin to all the rights and privileges, programs, and activities of the school. In addition the school will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, scholarships, tuition, and educational programs or extra-curricular activities.
Grace Academy is an independent non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation fully licensed in the State of Tennessee.