Grace Baptist Academy partners with Christian parents, educating their children to transform their world by thinking and living Biblically.
Philosophy of Education & Statement of Faith
We believe that the education of Grace Baptist Academy’s children is a responsibility given to each parent. The parents must carry out that task or delegate the responsibility to someone of their choosing. We accept the challenge and stand accountable to the parents for the influence we exert on their children. We are committed to providing an excellent educational program and to utilizing the most appropriate curriculum and methods in order to establish a creative, supportive and wholesome environment for our students.
We recognize that each child’s learning style is unique, and it is our responsibility to provide each individual with the opportunity to develop the skills, knowledge and attitudes needed to become a productive member of society. The total educational experience is designed to help each child recognize their own learning style, abilities and talents and to use those in pursuing his/her own life goals. We are aware of a changing world and thus have found assessment and modification to be a regular part of a program to prepare students for a fulfilling life.
We believe that a true relationship with Jesus Christ should change every area of school life. For that reason, students who do not desire to conform to the mandates of that relationship are encouraged to seek a school environment which meets their individual needs. Living and sharing our faith is not a doctrine but a way of life.
There are a number of beliefs and convictions which control the overall operation of Grace Baptist Academy. These principles not only give us our unique climate and character, but control the curriculum, pedagogy and ultimately the very product we seek to prepare for life.
We believe that the Word of God, the Bible, must not only be taught as a subject in our school, but form the foundational principles and premise upon which every area of learning and school life must be based. It is our desire that our graduates not only know the Word of God as a book, but they also have the ability to apply those principles to every area of living.
The development of our graduates for a life-long relationship with Jesus Christ demands more than just an understanding of the Bible. It is our strongest desire that each child would come to a personal knowledge of Christ and also see in his/her faculty and staff a positive demonstration of what that relationship can accomplish on a day to day basis.
Our Doctrinal Position
The following points summarize the doctrinal statement of Grace Baptist Church & Academy:
- We believe the Bible is God's Word and is without error.
- We believe that there are no other inspired works outside of the Old and New Testaments.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful man.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption through His death on the cross by taking our place as a sacrifice, and our justification is made sure by His literal, physical resurrection from the dead.
- We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but that in Adam's sin the race fell and we all have inherited a sinful nature causing us in ourselves totally unable to restore our lost relationship with God.
- We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace. The condition of salvation is repentance and a personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all the saved should live in such a manner as not to bring reproach upon their Savior and Lord. Separation from those activities, which are condemned in the Scriptures, are a must for the believer.
- We believe that it is the responsibility of the saved to witness by life and testimony to the truth of God's Word and to proclaim the gospel to all mankind.
Grace Baptist Academy also holds a strong and clearly Biblical conviction on marriage and sexual purity. Our position on marriage is based on the model of God's creative design found in the Bible; therefore, we believe that marriage joins one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union (Genesis 2:18-24) and is the only relationship in which sexual intimacy should be expressed. Moral misconduct, which we believe violates the occupational qualification for our employees to be Christian role models, includes, but is not limited to, sexual activity outside of Biblically-defined marriage, homosexual acts, or any other violation of the unique roles of male and female (Romans 1:21-27, 1 Corinthians 6:9-20).